Q&A: My appeal was denied, what other source is there to pay for college?

Question by LovingMe=-): My appeal was denied, what other source is there to pay for college?

Best answer:

Answer by miko
You need to give more details. What appeal…? Are you attending college in the US? Why dont you just get a parttime job?

Add your own answer in the comments!

3 Comments/Reviews

  • Johanne C says:

    Try applying to different types of scholarships. there are so many scholarships that range from merit based scholarships to need based scholarships. But trust me, there are alot of varieties

    Research on which ones you can qualify for and apply


  • vtori W says:



    Student Loans
    If you meet certain criteria, you could qualify to borrow an additional student loan such as an unsubsidized Stafford Loan or a private education loan. Note: these loans tend to be more expensive than need-based loans.

    Federal Unsubsidized Loans
    Students who don’t demonstrate need, or need to borrow more than the subsidized loan amount, can borrow unsubsidized Stafford loans. Unlike subsidized loans, you are responsible for paying interest on the loan while in school.

    Private Student Loans
    There are a number of privately-funded (non-government) loans available to students to help meet the family share. These loans are also known as alternative loans or supplemental loans.

    Parent Loans
    Parents can also take on loans to help cover the expected family contribution. Certain rules—such as demonstrating good credit—will apply, depending on the loan. Parent loan options include federal PLUS loans.

    Federal PLUS Loans
    PLUS Loans are the most popular loans for the parents of dependent undergraduate students. Parents can borrow up to the full cost of education, minus any financial aid.

    Federal Grad PLUS Loans
    Graduate students can borrow up to the full cost of education minus any financial aid. Students receive an automatic deferment while in school. There is no grace period, however, students may request up to a 6 month forbearance after leaving school.

    Home Equity Loans
    If your parents are homeowners, it’s likely that they can borrow against their home. Your parents may be eligible to borrow a percentage of their equity, which is the difference between the market value of their house and how much is owed on the mortgage. This money can be used to pay for education costs. The rate is comparable to other borrowing options.

    An advantage of a home equity loan is that the interest paid may be deductible on your parents’ federal tax return. A disadvantage is that they may have to pay a fee for this type of loan.

    IRA Withdrawals
    An IRA is a savings account designed to put aside money for retirement. The main options are the Traditional IRA and the Roth IRA.

    Under either plan, you can be charged a 10 percent fee if you withdraw money before you reach age 59 1/2. If the money is used to pay for college expenses, the 10 percent fee is waived. However, you may be required to pay federal and state income tax on your withdrawals.

    Tuition Tax Credits
    A tax credit is an amount of money you can subtract from your federal tax bill. It is a dollar-for-dollar reduction of the amount you owe. If you have family members in college, and your income doesn’t exceed certain limits, you may apply for a tax credit. For more information, go to Tuition Tax Credits.

  • BelovedOne says:

    I am doing an appeal also however, there is always the chance that it might not go through. Anyways, if you find a solution to this question please share it with me. Thanks

Powered by Yahoo! Answers